Dental Crowns in Seattle, WA
Dental crowns are protective tooth-shaped caps that restore a tooth after damage from decay, tooth grinding, and fractures, to name a few. Dental crowns are durable and can last many years when properly cared for. Depending on the look you’re going for, and your budget, you can get dental crowns made from gold, silver, other metal alloys, and ceramic compounds such as porcelain.
If you’re in Seattle, WA, you can get your dental crowns at Greenlake Dental. We are a leading family dental practice that provides excellent and compassionate dental care to patients of all ages. Our priority is to help you save your teeth and maintain a bright and healthy smile.
What to Expect
Dental crowns in Seattle, WA may be supported by a natural tooth or a dental implant. In cases where you need implants before placement of crowns, you will need to come for several appointments during which our dentist performs dental implant surgery and other procedures.
For crowns that are bonded to natural teeth, patients typically require two appointments. During the first appointment, our dentist in Seattle, WA will prepare your teeth for crown placement. Preparation involves removing enamel to make room for the crowns. After enamel removal, the dentist takes teeth impressions and send these to the lab. With the guidance of the impressions, the dental lab manufactures custom crowns from your material of choice.
During your second appointment, our dentist bonds the crowns to your teeth using dental cement or resin.
Benefits of Dental Crowns
Here are several critical reasons why you should consider getting dental crowns near you:
- Dental crowns support teeth that are significantly damaged or worn out, thus preventing extractions.
- By strengthening and covering a weakened tooth, crowns alleviate the need for future treatments.
- Crowns are highly versatile as they can be used to restore teeth after cavity, fracture, discoloration, damage from tooth grinding, among others. They also support dental bridges.
- Dental crowns are durable and can last as many as 20 years or more.
- Tooth-colored dental crowns are an ideal way of transforming your appearance as they resemble your natural teeth and give you a brand new smile in as few as two dental appointments.
If you’re interested in dental crowns in Seattle, WA, contact Greenlake Dental to book your appointment today.