What Is The Cheapest Way To Replace A Missing Tooth?
While it’s not a good experience, most adults have lost at least one tooth. It can happen for several reasons, like dental trauma, tooth decay, or advanced gum disease. Unfortunately, losing teeth comes with more problems. For instance, your bite function, speech, smile, and self-confidence can be affected. Similarly, missing teeth can lead to jawbone deterioration and tooth misalignments.
Therefore, dental experts recommend replacing missing teeth as soon as possible. However, tooth replacements could be costly, especially if you’ve lost multiple teeth. If you’re looking for a cheaper way to fix your smile, below are several options to consider: Some might even be covered by your dental insurance.
Dental implants are perhaps the most stable and permanent solution for missing teeth. The procedure entails placing tiny titanium posts into the jawbone through surgery. The bone fuses with the implant post, providing a strong foundation for the artificial tooth or crown. Dental implants offer the most natural, strongest, and long-lasting solution to missing teeth compared to other tooth replacement treatments. We offer dental implants in Seattle.
- Protect your jawbone health. When you lose a tooth, you start to loose underlying jawbone due to lack of chewing stimulation. Implants are attached to the jawbone, restoring the chewing function and promoting jawbone growth.
- Support facial muscles. Teeth support your facial muscles. Losing a tooth causes your facial muscles to collapse, causing facial sagging and premature aging. Dental implants fill the gaps, supporting your facial muscles, and restoring the shape of your face.
- Stable and durable. With proper care, an implant can last for a lifetime. You may never need expensive replacements.
- Improve your bite and speech functions. Dental implants fill the gaps left by missing teeth, allowing you to chew and speak normally.
- Easy to care for and maintain
- Improve your smile and self-confidence.
- It requires surgery.
- The treatment can be lengthy.
- It can be expensive for some people.
If you have lost one or several of your natural teeth, a denture is a cost-effective way to restore your smile. The restoration consists of one or more artificial teeth with an acrylic base. They go over your natural gums and jawbone. They are customized to match the color, size, and shape of the rest of your teeth. We offer partial dentures in Seattle.
- Non-invasive procedure. They don’t require surgery.
- Improve your smile and self-confidence
- They can last for 10 – 15 years.
- Relatively cheaper than other treatments like dental implants
- Can’t decay or get cavities
- Prone to bacterial build-up
- Requires adjustments or replacement after a few years
- Can be unstable and fall off
- It will cause bone loss under the denture.
All-on-4 dental implants
Getting a single dental implant to replace each tooth can be lengthy, expensive, and uncomfortable if you lose multiple teeth. In a single appointment, the dentist places four dental implants into the jawbone to support a fixed denture. They are more permanent and stable than traditional dentures.
- Quick results. You can replace multiple missing teeth in a single appointment.
- Cheaper alternative to traditional implants
- No need for bone grafts
- Stimulate jawbone growth
- Improves bite function
- Restored your smile and self-confidence
- Require excellent maintenance
- It can break if wrongly placed.
A bridge is an excellent option if you’re looking for a cheaper and fixed alternative to dental implants. The bridge consists of artificial teeth supported by dental crowns, frameworks, or implants. A single bridge can replace about three consecutive missing teeth.
- Cheaper and less invasive
- Improved bite and speech functions
- Restores your smile and confidence
- It can last for 10 – 15 years.
- Fragile and flexible. They are better suited for front-teeth.
- It doesn’t support jawbone stimulation.
They are removable partial dentures used to fill tooth gaps temporarily. The denture consists of a retainer with one or several false teeth. They are best suited for front teeth.
- Quick and non-invasive treatment
- Cheaper than most replacement treatments
- Restore your smile temporarily
- It can be uncomfortable.
- It can easily break or dislodge.
- It doesn’t support jawbone growth.
Schedule an appointment today
Ready to transform your smile with dental restorations like dental implants, dentures, bridges, or dental crowns in Seattle, WA? Contact Greenlake Dental for more information.